Thursday, January 17, 2013

Choices

Starting the day.
Solve the paperwork mess?
Answer emails? Switch on the telephone?
Or just listen to some music?

For most of our actions we have several choices.
What is the determining and enlightened factor for deciding about my choices?
 
a) my wisdom and brilliant mind
b) my fantastic ability to listen to advices of more experienced
c) my supernatural ability of filtering out the wrong choices
d) my ego filled with bullshit
 
Tough question. All first three answers rather brilliantly denote my decision making processes. Which one best describes my decision-making processes?
a? b? c?
Maybe it would be easier to find a proper answer for others. Hmm, d sounds appropriate for most of you.
By simple extrapolation of this fact I have the appropriate answer for me.
Hmm, d.
 
Is it really so bad? Well, it's not question of bad or good. It's a mere fact. And no panic necessary, I will not start ranting about e-corruption of human minds and hearts (or better what's left of them). This phenomena is at least ten thousand years old. Well, that's what I can remember.
In the essence any decision I make is fulfilling my ego, serving my pleasures (and often adding a bucket of bullshit).
Of course my brilliant mind will justify at least rationality of the decision with all possible advantages.
Question “Do I need this?” is silenced with all the “advantages” if I follow my cravings. My reasoning glides into “I need this holidays...”, “I need this new glasses...”
 
After this train of thoughts clicked some switches somewhere between my ears I can simply enjoy in deciding for holidays and this glasses just because I like them. And to hell with the price.
When we would like to do something for our little monster (ego), is it absolutely necessary we disguise the action into some altruistic or at least rational act?
Maybe, just maybe, this is not so necessary.
 
If I find pleasure in sharing a delicious meal with you, why shouldn't I enjoy in feeding my ego?
From time to time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment