Thursday, January 3, 2013

Carpe diem - Life (fragmentary approach)

Ten days in heaven or...
...a lifetime in all the vividness of gray

Try to remember which adjectives would too frequently describe your job, curtains in your living room, life, holidays, relationship(s), your home, food you eat, Gods you worship, politicians you despise...

a) boring, stupid...
b) irritating, frustrating...
c) dull, dreary...
d) cheap, empty...

What adjectives you would want to remember when your days are drawing to an end (as they usually do towards the evening)? Sparkling, brilliant, fantastic, heavenly...

As most of the crucial things in our lives (including black olives in extra virgin olive oil) also this subject we can approach from different perspectives.

Defeatist.
Whatever I do or even try to do is doomed to failure. Cosmos is pushing me down and there is no way to prevail... I will just suffer and wail...

Sissy.
If I just try to enjoy a little they will all jump on me as a Wall Street cannibal on a rich newborn baby. They will put me in even greater misery... Better to step back and avoid all the pleasures...

Fighter.
I will beat all the odds. I will get rich and happy whatever it takes. Even if it takes all my life, my health, my free time... And live eternally happy some time in the future. In the afterlife?

I don't give a shit.
As long as I can see stardust in a dust on my table (before Kadek dusts it, of course), as long as I can just embrace whatever is gliding on my path and I love, as long as I can ignore shit floating in the same stream, I'm OK.
Monster called time (for ever, only, too short, already, too long, never, not yet...) is usually just fucking things up. Defense: occasionally I show the ugly monster my tongue in all its glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment