Thursday, March 28, 2013

Generalizations

Water is water.

Scuba diving will make you higher than Empire State...
Non divers will never see heavens. Shrinks are undercover psychopaths. Lawyers are undercover criminals. Writers are drunks. People with MBA are literate. Brown noses lead to high positions.
Is generalization useful?
 
a) for jokes
b) for feeling superior
c) for fueling the hate
d) for showing our own idiocy
 
There are just a very few general rules that you can safely use.
For instance, a good example is “If you don't agree with me, you are a moron.”
If you didn't get it I'm just kidding, you are a moron.
 
For these reasons I tend to be a touch more careful even with general truths.
Sun rises in the east.
Yeah, usually, but what if it will rise one day from under my bed?
 
The basic general rule could be, there is no general rule except some exceptions.
 
What are the origins of my problems with general rules? Probably the word “rules”, which obviously calms me as efficiently as a red flag calms a full blooded fighting bull...
 
You must follow at least some basic general rules to be compatible with e-society surrounding you:
- be e-connected at all times
- limit your expressions to one line
- use twit, goo goo, FB and similar tools of interaction
- don't insist on personal interaction – this is a horrible relic of the past and rather repulsive to most of the citizens of the brave, new e-world
 
As my mental katana started to shred these and similar general rules somehow on its own, I wanted to get some help from my doctor.
She said I should prepare full description of my deviations, compress it into 140 characters (as nobody in the known universe is willing to read more than this) and send it to her e-address...



No comments:

Post a Comment