Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dive briefing

Absolute attention to the instructor...

Dive briefings are extremely important for our dive safety and pleasure.
So, when I conduct my dive briefings:
 
a) divers are paying maximum attention
b) they are memorizing the crucial information
c) they are mesmerized by my eloquent explanation
d) and definitely not laughing their heads off
 
All true, very true - except...
 
As any story, also this one has some minor exceptions. When diving with a charming Chinese princess, things became a touch more sparkling...
 
 
First, I would like to make it clear, that at the moment this picture was taken:
I was not explaining to her that a 2 centimeter long and 3 millimeters thick translucent worm living on a gorgonia fan coral is definitely not trying to eat her.
Also I was not explaining that best part of chicken in banana leaf is inside the leaf, not the leaf itself.
 
So, what the heck caused this laughing outburst?!
As she nearly caused a heart attack to her fiancee with repeating the most feared sign deep down and activated my powers of The Dark Prince of Blue Waters to calm the situation, back on the boat I felt I had to explain to her some things again.
At the moment this photo was taken, I've been just explaining some possible critical situations under the water and the best ways to avoid or solve them...
My explanation was obviously right on the target, as after the outburst of laughter she simply declared, you will be my buddy on next dives and there will be no critical situations.
 
Looks like she deeply believes in ancient diving wisdom.
 
Every woman deserves a man who can make her laugh, who will take her deep down and safely back, who will know how to enjoy in her beautiful presence and will get her a good ice cream after diving.

No comments:

Post a Comment