Thursday, October 4, 2012

Connected or alienated?

Purrring gurus

The worst fear of 21st century.
Attacking tiger? No. Starvation to death? No. Falling from a height? No. Death? No.
Are we connected deeply enough? Aaahh! Truly fearsome! Oh, Lord, please, do not disconnect me...!
 
a) as long as you receive my electrons and I receive your electrons, yes, we are deeply connected
b) we are fantastically connected as long as the dark forces of evil do not kill internet
c) I love the shape of electrons you send to me
d) and you love the sound of electrons dropping on your screen

Not long ago I received a message in the email signature “Do you know that 93% of businesses are present on facebook, twitter, blogger...? Are you?”

I couldn't help myself not to add another fact about businesses and a question of my own.
“Do you know that only 7% of businesses are exceeding customers expectations...?
In which group is your business?”

Maybe you are wondering how it is possible for such an antediluvian diver as I am, to be present in virtual universe at all.
I would really like to take all the credit for the masterpieces published on Thursdays on this blog and occasional spark on FB. But credit to whom it's due.
As I am rather good at delegating jobs and tasks, I've been wise enough to ask my purrring gurus for some assistance. Believe me, without their help this bloody machines would already start their unsought flying lessons...

When mama guru Ficko looks at me with an expression “Are you out of your mind?!”, I just delete the last paragraph...
And when our chief guru Mazi decides to lay on a keyboard, it's a clear sign to switch off machinery, we go to bed and continue reading (purrring) a book...
And when I am toying with a new idea I just listen to their purrring...

A lot of good diving; delicious, spicy food; fascinating company from all the places in the world; reading books and sleeping with a furry guru; strong coffee in the morning – and I can cope even with virtual world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment