Thursday, February 13, 2014

Complaining Nation


Balinese philosopher and meditation guru
discovers arak bottle is empty

Have you ever heard anybody complaining about anything?

a) too often
b) on every corner
c) even at work
d) shut up and listen to my complaints first!

Complaining is the one activity without a trace of discrimination. Regardless of nationality, religion, color of underwear, political beliefs, sexual preferences, literacy, IQ, number of pancakes you can eat – complaining seems to be the number one hobby for humans.

For a while I thought complaining about something means we want it to be different, so we could enjoy our life. I think I couldn't be more wrong.
We enjoy in complaining itself, and not in changing anything.
Complaining for complaining sake.

You think I should change the substances I'm on? It's just good Bali coffee …

Correct me if I'm wrong:

Bloody rain, it will never stop!
You get clear sky, hot sun.
It's unbearably hot, I can not afford air conditioning, when this will end?!

I feel miserable, I desperately need a lover!
Here is a loving partner for you.
Yeah, great! Getting really boring, I miss my old friends ...

Everybody can go for holidays except me, I'll die here!
You are in Bali.
I'm so far from my home! Take me home!

If I don't get a different job I'll go crazy with my coworkers!
A new job.
Where did they find all this weird people to be in our office?!

I want to see some snow! Will it ever start snowing?!
White fairy tale is here.
Am I a slave? Shoveling the snow is for convicted war criminals!

I have to stop writing, I'll step out and complain a little …

1 comment:

  1. Really? People complain? Never heard anyone complaining ever before :)

    ReplyDelete