Thursday, May 16, 2013

Priorities

Working hard on this subject...

What are our priorities?
How they rank?
 
a) to earn for our living
b) to pay our bills
c) to work hard and a little more for some extra luxury
d) to live our lives
 
As priorities are already in proper order, and top three priorities require more and more of our energy, it's quite normal we hardly, if ever, get to priority d.
This is how reality works.
 
It's interesting how many people still claim answer d should be our top priority.
I would put answer d on top as well.
You?
 
There is just a small problem. After I finally put the really important priority on top, I have to put it on a back burner, just for a while, as I have to start working, to earn for my “essential” needs... And, as my needs exceed my income for 15%, I have to work a little more. So, my real top priority will have to wait a little longer...
Time to ask myself, how come, that whatever my income is, my needs always exceed it for 15%?
A dangling-carrot-donkey virus?
 
Fact is, this phenomenon works same for people with monthly income of 100 dollars, 1000 dollars, 5000 dollars... It's not a question of absolute income, it's simply a fact whatever income a person has is 15% short of his needs.
So, on rational part I'm fully aware, that even if I work more, earn more, I'll be always 15% bellow the target.
Over and over again I still simply try to catch this target.
Not my gut feeling, nor my ratio can not make me slow down, catch my breathe and try to notice the life passing by.
 
Any similarity with a dangling carrot in front of a donkey is just for easier understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment